Now, perhaps more than ever, it is important to move. On this episode of The Growth Equation Podcast, Brad and Steve go deep on the diverse and far-ranging benefits of movement, including improved physical health, sleep, sleep, cognitive function, emotional health, and creativity. Then, they offer a framework for how to develop a personal movement practice. They examine why complex does not mean better, how to get the most out of an in-home workout, and what programs might look like for those focused on aerobic, those focused on strength, and those in between. As a special treat, you’ll hear from Steve about whether he intends to train hard again to compete in running at the highest levels.
Please write a review on Apple Podcasts and help new listeners discover the show!
- Sign up for “Move Every Day,” a free 10-day program (delivered to your inbox) that Brad created in partnership with Outside Magazine, the goal of which is to help you develop your own movement practice.
- Stress + Rest = Growth, Revisiting a Central Concept of Performance and Well-Being (Podcast)
- What a Simple Fitness Routine Can Teach You About Life (COVID Training is About Nailing the Basics and Not Stressing the Details)
- The Zen of Weightlifting (on Sport and Mastery)
- The Five Rules of Training
- Why Do Rich People Love Endurance Sports?
- What Steve, a Former Elite Runner, Learned From Being Out of Shape
- Walking Might be the Best Exercise There Is
- The Minimalist’s Strength Workout
- Everything We Know About Exercise, Depression, and Anxiety
- How Exercise Shapes You Beyond the Gym (One of Our Most Popular Articles)
- Stop Hiding Behind Complexity
- How Difficult Should Your Hard Workouts Be?
You can find the podcast on: