You asked, they answered! On this episode of The Growth Equation Podcast, Brad and Steve take questions from their listeners. The pair discuss strategies for staying positive when the news is seemingly all negative, how to balance multiple passions, and how to be patient with long-term goals. Steve tackles the importance of pausing training when injury lingers and Brad considers whether sacrifice and suffering is essential to achieve the highest levels of performance. Finally, Brad and Steve offer their book recommendations.
Please write a review on Apple Podcasts and help new listeners discover the show!
- Range by David Epstein
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Why Buddhism is True by Robert Wright
- Once A Runner by John L Parker
- Mastery and The Way of Aikido by George Leonard
- Escape from Freedom by Erich Fromm
- To have or To be by Erich Fromm
- The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm
- Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart by Mark Epstein
- Thoughts Without a Thinker by Mark Epstein
- Advice Not Given by Mark Epstein
- The Recovering by Leslie Jamison
- The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brock
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- Deacon King Kong by James McBride
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
You can find the podcast on:
If you enjoyed this post, you'll love our new book Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and The Surprising Science of Real Toughness!
It provides a roadmap for navigating life’s challenges and doing so in a way that makes us happier, more successful, and, ultimately, better people.
For a limited time, It's over 30% Off! Get your copy today!